I had a nice surprise when I returned from the UK’s first ever YA Lit Con, curated by Malorie Blackman, held at the London Film and Comic Con, 12-13 July 2014, in Earl’s Court in London. I have been nominated for my first blogging award, the One Lovely Blog Award by Marie Abanga, http://www.marieabanga.com. Thanks Marie for thinking of me, and nominating me for this award, such a delight for a new girl on the block to blogging. 🙂
The rules for this award are the following:
1. Thank the person nominating you and link back to them in your post
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Well here are my seven things about myself that I am prepared to tell you. I tend to be quite secretive but I will tell you this much:
1. I’m a Scorpio. I have a sting in my tail. My sting doesn’t manifest itself much but when it does you may say ouch! Only kidding, I’m a gentle Scorpio, with a passionate nature!
2. In the Chinese zodiac I am a rabbit. I hop about everywhere, graze, and like the good life. Sounds like me!
3. I am a female Peter Pan, I have no intention of ever really growing up. That’s why I am attracted to writing children’s, middle grade, and YA novels.
4. I went to a private school in Edinburgh. It wasn’t quite Hogwarts, but it was quite posh. I don’t own a broomstick but black cats seem to like me.
5. I love the underwater world, I snorkelled and swam with a Barracuda when I was fourteen, luckily it didn’t attack. I have eaten Barracuda but that is another story!
6. I admire daredevils: skiers, rock climbers, extreme sports enthusiasts but am a complete coward myself. When I write I can be whoever I want to be, it is such a fun ride, the ultimate buzz, the hero possibilities are endless.
7. My best accomplishment to date are my wonderful children, you make me so very proud. 🙂
I struggled to pick just fifteen blogs to nominate. I had so many awesome blogs in mind but have managed to narrow it down. They all are so deserving of the One Lovely Blog title and I hope they would like to accept the award.
I would be my great pleasure to nominate the following super, lovely blogs for this award:
The Paper Butterfly, a delicate dancer with health issues who has had to hand in her ballet slippers but has now turned her creative spirit to writing. http://www.thepaperbutterfly.wordpress.com
D.Dominik Wicklesromance, for your romantic take on spicing up our love lives with a touch of oriental wisdom. http://www.ddominikwicklesromance.wordpress.com
Marcia Meara for Bookin’ it , author interviews, and book reviews.http://marciameara.wordpress.com
Eclectic Alli for her bit of this, and that, and her meandering dreamy thoughts. http://eclecticali.wordpress.com/
Paul Militaru for his wonderful photography, http://photopaulm.com
Ekaterina Botziaou, for her entertaining blog on everything Greek http://ekaterinabotziou.com/
Bonnie for her cheery lovely blog which truly deserves the title bonnie. http://thebonnyblog.com/
Traditionally Modern Food for all those wonderful Indian recipes that I drool over. http://traditionallymodernfood.wordpress.com/
Word Musing, a beautiful blog all about words, poetry and short stories. http://wordmusing.wordpress.com
Victoria Davenport of Coffee, Write, Repeat. A budding YA writer, with a fantastic blog, whose tag line writing life one word at a time is memorable and to the point. http://coffeewriterepeat.wordpress.com/
Globe Drifting, this wonderful world of ours encapsulated in a blog! You must visit. http://globedrifting.wordpress.com/
Therapy Bread, not just a blog about bread these edible creations feed the spirit, body, her friends and family too!http://therapybread.com
Wise Monkeys Abroad, a wonderful world playground to explore http://wisemonkeysabroad.com/
Irenedesign 2011 for her wonderful gemstone jewellery. I had to add this one as I’m as a bit of a jewellery addict!http://irenedesign2011.com/
and last but not least, Lucy Powrie’s Queen of Contemporary YA Book blog that I have just discovered. Excellente!http://queenofcontemporary.wordpress.com/