Today, I’d like to share with you a new idea I’ve had regarding Author/Blogger/Writer Spotlights. I’ve decided to blast this out on a Monday using the hashtag #MondayBlogs Bad RedHead Media – Monday Blogs – Why You Should Be Participating– I hope this is okay Rachel, @BadRedheadMedia (I’m not promoting my own book!)
I shall be offering the opportunity to guest post on M J Mallon – Kyrosmagica blog with a special theme that means so much to me – Inspiration.
I just love this quote by Audrey Hepburn:
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
Authors will be encouraged to write a short post considering these prompts.
- What inspires you to write? This should be personal to you, but might include suggestions such as: a walk in nature, overheard conversations, a new job, a travelling adventure, a trip abroad, meeting a new friend, or an old flame, art, music, books you’ve read….. The list is inexhaustible! A strange inexplicable desire to write. Witnessing an altercation or an event, etc, etc….. I’d love to hear your experiences!
- Inspiration to keep trying and improving even when the writing journey gets tough.
- How to overcome writer’s block by focusing on refreshing new inspirational ideas.
- Favourite inspirational quotes that you refer to and sites such as Brainy Quote that you find inspiring.
- Authors and blogging friends that have your back and encourage you to keep on writing. They can be inspiring to.
- Overcoming obstacles through writing and creativity – photography, art, and music as therapy.
The piece should be in the region of 500 – 1,250 words and can include any or all of the above prompt ideas. I shall need accompanying promotional materials – author bio and cover reveals, a short summary of your book/s, excerpts, links to your blog and book.
Alternatively, if you’d like to follow the traditional format of interview questions, or a simpler author spotlight/cover reveal I’m happy to do that to. I’m an easy going kind of gal! Do get in touch if you’re interested.
Would you like to guest post? Leave a comment below, or email me for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bye for now,
My social media hang outs:
Fellow Administrators of The Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support Club: myself,
Twitter: @marjorie_mallon and @curseof_time