There is a special schedule at Carrot Ranch to support Sue Vincent who has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. I’ve written about this in a previous post: https://mjmallon.com/2021/02/01/the-sue-vincent-rodeo-classic-has-begun-carrotranch-literary-community-rodeo-classic/
Here’s a schedule for you so you know what to expect:
- January 28 Special Collection Challenge to Honor the work of Sue Vincent
- February 1-19: Sue Vincent Classic Rodeo Contest and Parade of Reblogs (announced Monday, February 1 at CarrotRanch.com/blog)
- February 3 No Collection
- February 4 Special Host: D. Avery
- February 10 Special Host Collection
- February 11 Sue Vincent Reblog Parade (no challenge)
- February 17 Special Sue V Collection posted
- February 18 Regular Flash Fiction Challenges return
- February 19 Contest ends
- March 22 Winner and Runners Up Announced
January 28, 2021, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about life as a river of consciousness. Think about the possibilities of the prompt. Go where the prompt leads!
Respond by February 11, 2021.
This is my special flash fiction piece for Sue Vincent.
Life As A River of Consciousness
Do What You Love
What makes us human extends beyond the care we give our young. Perhaps it is our creativity which marks us as distinctive from other species.
Life is akin to a river of consciousness, we may drift along, or choose who we truly desire to be. Whatever we decide, we must live life to the full, expressing ourselves in music, words, performance, or art. Troubling obstacles will come and go, pebbles of uncertainty, meandering moments, thunderstorms and floods of tears, unsure and uncertain times. To accomplish our hearts’ desires we must stay focused, determined and resolute on life’s turbulent river.
To enter the Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic competition: https://carrotranch.com/2021/02/01/the-sue-vincent-rodeo-classic/
Link to the : Special Collection Flash Fiction Challenge