Thank you so much to Scars Tears and Training Bras for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. So without further ado, I’m delighted to accept this award. I do like to try to be versatile so this means a lot. Thank you too to Elizabeth Gracie https://elizabethgracie.wordpress.com for the lovely Versatile Blogger Award badge.
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1- give the name link of the blogger who nominated you ( throw in a thank you if you’d like to! 🙂 )
Thank you so much to: https://scarstearsandtrainingbras.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/versatile-blog-award-and-the-creative-blogger-award-please-read-you-may-have-been-nominated/comment-page-1/#comment-749
2- share 7 facts about yourself
1. It took me a heck of a long time to pass my driving test, it’s quite embarrassing really, but I got there in the end. Now, I consider myself to be quite a good driver, but I still have terrible trouble parking.
2. I used to be very shy as a teenager, but now I am far more adventurous, even though intrinsically I am still shy at heart.
3. I like slow activities, I’m a bit of a tortoise really, so Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates, Swimming, these are the kind of activities I enjoy. I tried running once, but ended up jogging a bit, stopped as I was panting, and then jogged some more. A curious dog started barking at me, so that was that, no more jogging. I just pretend that I’m power walking, and wear those special work-out trainers that exercise your muscles for you.
4. I love creative pastimes, writing, photography, and baking are my three favourites. I love cakes! I’d love to paint and draw but don’t have a natural talent that way. C’est dommage! But I have heard you can learn so who knows ……………..
5. I went to a Theatre Workshop one time, and learnt all about writing a play, acting and directing in it. It was a blast, and was definitely something that I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do when I was younger. It was an exhilarating, but exhausting experience. I don’t think I’m cut out to be an actress. Maybe one day I might explore writing plays but for the moment, I’m sticking to book reviewing, blogging, and writing novels.
6. I can’t cook fish, I overcook it, but I make a mean stir fry or a wicked curry. I love to cook spicy food!
7. I love the changing seasons of summer, spring, and the autumn, but I wish the winter was shorter, a day or two would be enough. I can’t stand the cold, and I hate the dark nights. I have terrible circulation in my hands, and my face puckers like the skin of an old, withered, orange. I age in the cold! I’m not joking! So, one day before my orange peel skin has become a permanent disfiguring feature, I would like to live abroad in the warmth of the sun.
3- nominate 15 blogs to do the same!
Well this was quite tricky because some bloggers who I was thinking of for this award don’t accept awards, some like https://sourcererblog.wordpress.com/ are award-neutral. Also because I have been nominated for awards before I wanted to find ‘new’ worthy blogs to nominate. On top of this there are several blogs that I was thinking of nominating, several of which are overflowing with awards, so I thought, with a few exceptions, that I’d try to focus on blogs that didn’t quite fall into these categories. This has taken me some time to deliberate.
Here is my list of Versatile bloggers, some of which are blogs that I have been lucky to discover recently.
1. Amy’s the World is A Book: https://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/
“The world is a book, and those who don’t travel only read one page.” ― Saint Augustine
2. Meredith’s musings: http://meredithlbl.com/page/2/
“Writing from the heart.”
3. The Aran Artisan: http://thearanartisan.com/
“Making a living by creating every aspect and ingredient of daily life.”
4. Precinct 1313: https://precinct1313.wordpress.com/
‘Comic books, horror movies, Video games, oh my!”
“Going with the flow of life.”
6. Project Prose: https://projectprose.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/life-so-brief-and-short/
“Exploration through writing, photography and art”
7. Totally Inspired Mind: https://totallyinspiredpc.wordpress.com/
“Where Positive Minds Congregate”
8. Louise’s Baby Gates Down: http://babygatesdown.com/
“Gave birth. Totally transcendent. Moving on…”
9. Smriti D. Isaac’s Blog: https://smritidisaac.wordpress.com/
“Creating, collecting, and sharing thoughts and ideas. And learning along the way.”
10.Dear Kitty Some Blog: https://dearkitty1.wordpress.com
“On animals, peace and war, science, social justice, women’s issues, arts, and much more.”
11. The Belle Jar: http://bellejar.ca/
“Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.” – Sylvia Plath
12. Almost Open Book http://almostopenbook.com/
“living one story at a time”
13. Gingers Grocery: https://ginjuh.wordpress.com/
Gingers grocery. “Come in and Browse.”
14. Cameron Karsten’s Imaginarium: https://cameronkarsten.wordpress.com/
“Exploration with Culture”
15. The Ferkel: http://theferkel.co.uk/