Today I came across this tag on Instagram via author Grace Rose Thomas. #10thingsIhate. Normally like Grace I focus on things I love but sometimes it’s good to have a good old whinge. Here are my 10 things. In no particular order….
1. Rude and inconsiderate people. 😠Unnecessary don’t be rude or inconsiderate. I will tell you so! Late people who expect others to always be on time and then get stroppy when their friends are late! If you’re prone to being late why whine? Or folk who barge into you, stand on your toes, hit you with a metal implement and not apologise…
2.Bats. 😬Yes I’m scared of them. I run in the house at night if I see one. We live near a country park and they seem to like being near us… Me, I’m not so keen. That goes for snakes too, and various assortment of creepy crawlies.
3. Racism, bigotry of any kind. 😰We’re all human – treat folks as you’d like to be treated.Be kind. Be fair.
4. Dog mess.😒 💩If your dog messes pick it up!
5. Picking your nose whilst driving and then eating it…. 😱One time I saw someone doing this – we were in the car behind. It was an unpleasant sight. Still scarred…
6. People who make promises to invite you over for a fabulous meal 🤤but never intend what they say. 😶Say what you mean or keep it to yourself. I love my food 😍so this really hurts!
7. Insomnia. 💤😴I’ve suffered with this on and off for most of my life. It’s bad at the moment as I am overexcited… too much going on in my life. Can’t stay asleep. Woke up at 5am this morning! Very hyper…
8. Unhelpful folk. 😖Why? This I don’t understand. That’s why I set up The Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support group because I like to help and support others. More about that below. We’re all in this together. On your own you’re invisible in a team you’re powerful. 🙂
9. People who can reverse well. 😝I am rubbish at parking. So jealous. Perhaps in my next life… Oh, and I forgot to say drink drivers… This is serious. Don’t drink and drive.
10. I don’t really hate no. 10 but it makes me sad. 😞People who give up. I’ve come across cases were talented writers get knock backs and pack it in. Keep on trying, that’s my motto. I’ve had lots of knock backs but that’s not going to stop me! Yes, I’m stubborn that way.
What are your ten things? Or if you want to turn it on its head and tell us the ten things you love that would be awesome too. I’ll do that next time to show that I’m not a complete whinge! 🤣😆😜😝😛
Bye for now,
If you’d like to join Team Awesome, a club for bloggers, bookish souls, and authors do get in touch we hang out on Facebook here:
Member Page: Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support Club
and we have a general information page here too:
Join The Book Love Team at Bloggers/Authors Rainbow Support Club
Don’t be shy, join this supportive, friendly club. x
Number 10: always keep trying.
And eeeeeeew! People pick their nose and eat it? As adults. Eeeeeeew
I’m not on Facebook, otherwise I would have joined 😉
That’s a shame…
oooh I feel you about the snakes, there is just something about a snake, goosebumps ..
If everyone was a little more helpful and a little less inconsiderate how grand life would be….
hmmmm I haven’t done A rant in a long time maybe I will write my own ten things I hate…
No more ranting for me today Beaton… 🙂 but do join in if you’d care to! Shall do a #10thingsIlove post too to balance out things!!
I’d have to add these, Marje –
1. People (especially sports people) who spit.
2. People who drop chewing gum on the floor
3. Walking behind somebody who is smoking – arrrrh!
Oh I knew there were more… Yes definitely the spitting Hugh… and try to avoid being near smokers which can be difficult as my brother still smokes. Hope one day he will give up, he’s tried but the addiction is strong. 🙁
Lol, loved this Marje! 2 things. #5 is so grossssssss, lol. And parking in reverse is my absolute favorite. I find it much easier to back in than front in, lol. Gotta love them mirrors! 🙂 <3
You need to teach me reverse parking Debby! Lol…
Lollllll. You first need to teach me how to drive on the ‘wrong’ side of the road, lolllllllllll. 🙂
Oh, that’s a point Debby!!!! LOl…. 🙂
Nothing wrong with a rant once in a while 🙂 The world certainly isn’t perfect and I would agree with a lot of things on your list, definitely. Happy Sunday to you xx
Hi Helen, yes the occasional rant is allowed! Happy Sunday to you too. 🙂
I’m for #10 ~ Don’t give up!! Some of the other things you list get under my skin too.. The emojis you chose were perfect for illustrating your points 😉
Hi Christy, yes no #10 is so important. Our ambitions can drive us crazy, and rejection is unbelievably hard but we must keep on trying. Also, I firmly believe that if we keep on writing our writing will improve. So, one day we might just find that someone wants us! Well, I hope so anyway… One has to be as positive as one can. 🙂