#BookReview of #Horror #Anthology – Dark Visions – Compiled and edited by Dan Alatorre
This second installment of The Box Under the Bed series, Dark Visions, is filled with strange and creepy stories sure to keep your heart racing. Enter into a dark world of the macabre, the mystical and the malevolent, featuring 33 spine tingling tales that just may keep you up at night. Edited and compiled by Amazon bestselling author Dan Alatorre, this anthology of horror stories brings together the minds and pens of twenty seven authors:
34 stories by 27 authors. A few bestselling authors on that list, and quite a few prize winning authors.
Prologue: Now Comes Death, part one
1. The Corner Shop – Dan Alatorre
2. The Stranger – Allison Maruska
3. The Right Time To Move On – Jenifer Ruff
4. Devil’s Hollow – Adele Marie Park
5. Where The Black Tree Grows – MD Walker
6. The Storm – J A Allen
7. The Bloody Dogwood Tree – Dabney Farmer
8. Ghosts Of Tupelo – Sharon Cathcart
9. Cabin 5 – Heather Kindt
10. Bella And Button – Allison Maruska
11. Doll’s Play – Bonnie Lyons
12. Spirit Lake – Sharon Connell
13. Ice Cream – Geoff LePard
14. A Glimpse Of The Monster – Anne Marie Andrus
15. A Best Selling Lie – Christine Valentor
16. Normal Things – BA Helberg
17. Roadkill – Ernesto San Giacomo
18. Behind The Leather Apron – Alana Turner
19. Clicking And Clacking – Nick Vossen
20. The Haunting Of William – Robbie Cheadle
21. Where The Power Hides – Anne Marie Andrus
22. Nightmare Man – Betty Valentine
23. The Willow Tree – Robbie Cheadle
24. The Changeling – Christine Valentor
25. What If – Geoff LePard
26. Swimming – Frank Parker
27. The Call – Juliet Nubel
28. La Garconniere – Bonnie Lyons
29. Lucifer’s Revenge – Christine Valentor
30. The Nightmare – Lori Micken
31. Who Am I – Chuck Jackson
32. The Documentary – Ellen Best
33. The Doctor’s Walk – Betty Valentine
34. Excavation Murder – Victoria Clapton#
Epilogue: Now Comes Death, part two
My review of the first installment of The Box Under the Bed can be read here: https://mjmallon.com/2017/12/09/my-abrsc-review-of-the-box-under-the-bed-anthology/
I received an ARC from Dan Alatorre in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
This is a fantastic compilation of horror and ghost stories and I would definitely recommend picking up a copy to get you in the mood for Halloween.
I enjoyed all the stories very much but my personal favourites were:
The Corner Shop by Dan Alatorre (The ending is just so foul.. but in a good way!)
The Right Time To Move On by Jennifer Ruff. (Oh my!)
Devils’s Hollow by Adele Marie Park. Horror absolute, fantastic story.
The Bloody Dogwood Tree by Dabney Farmer – Loved the black humour in this.
The Haunting of William by Robbie Cheadle. Oh!! What a tale!
What If by Geoff Le Pard. If you’re a writer you will relate and love this so much!
Ice Cream by Geoff Le Pard. This author should be locked up. What an macabre imagination.
Ghosts of Tupedo by Sharon E. Cathcart. This is a bit different, (think Elvis Presley) and that’s why I enjoyed it so much.
The poetry prologue and epilogue were a lovely touch and both excellent.
My rating 5 stars – highly recommended.
Social Media Links
Authors Website: https://mjmallon.com
Collaborative Blog: https://sistersofthefey.wordpress.com
Twitter: @Marjorie_Mallon and @curseof_time
#ABRSC: Authors Bloggers Rainbow Support Club on Facebook