Sue Vincent is a wonderful blogging community member who I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in person at the bloggers bash. She is a lady of considerable talents, a founder member of the Silent Eye, (school of consciousness) and her sweet dog Ani has his own cute blog! https://thesmalldogs.blog/
I am pleased to be one of many bloggers sharing The Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic to support Sue who has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer.
It’s time to saddle up and get in line, because the Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic is happening NOW at the Carrot Ranch! Writers will have the opportunity to support Sue Vincent, a stalwart center of our blogging community, as well as compete for a $100 prize! That’s right – we’re trying to make this the biggest writers’ Rodeo yet and celebrate Sue Vincent’s work and writing in the process. On the Rodeo Classic page, you can find a beautiful photo (from none other than Sue herself) to serve as a prompt. Write a story of 99 words or a poem of 99 syllables – no more, no less – based on the prompt photo on the Rodeo page. Also on the Rodeo page is an entry form where you can put up to two entries for the contest. And don’t worry, entries will be anonymized – everyone’s on an equal playing field at the Carrot Ranch, even if you get some TUFF bulls to ride or horses to break! But don’t lollygag – you only have until February 19th to get on your bull and ride out the chute.
Get your 99-word-brains going! Y’all, the contest starts TODAY! Unless you’re a judge, you can enter freely! Right now, the judges are: Geoff Le Pard, Anne Goodwin, and Charli Mills. First-Pass readers are: H.R.R. Gorman, Sue Spitulnik, D. Avery, and Sherri Matthews.
There are many ways to participate in the rodeo. Every Rodeo has multiple events, and the Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic is no different. In addition to participating in the contest and donating to the cause, we have multiple events you can participate in!
- The Sue Vincent Reblog Barrel Race – Check out Sue’s website or the website she shares with Stuart France. Find a poem, essay, or photo that speaks to you, and re-blog it. Feel free to include links to the contest and make sure to include a comment on the re-blog!
- The Great Book Parade – Buy and read one of Sue’s books. If you’re feeling adventurous, leave a review or publish it on your blog!
- The Comment Riding Contest – The prize for this one is a fuzzy good feeling and the sharing of community. Like and/or comment on Sue’s posts, whether new or old.
- Snack Stands – Share the conteston other social media such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or others! You can definitely follow Sue Vincent on Twitter.
- The Prize Ceremony – Winners will be announced on March 21st, 2021. It could be you, but even if not, come see what Sue’s prompt invoked.
See you on the Carrot Ranch circuit, cowfolk!
- https://scvincent.com/2021/01/06/the-inconvenient-walking-dead-covid-cancer-carers-lockdown/ (this is the most recent post on the Echo about Sue’s recent adventures)
It such a privilege to be part of this 💜💜💜💜
Indeed it is Willow. <3
A great share, Marje.
Sue is an amazing lady. I have often done her photo challenges.
Yes she is. Both in person and online. 🙂
Thank you for sharing, Marje.
Happy to help Sue. <3 And to support Carrot Ranch. :)