I am honoured to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you author Susanne Leist for nominating me. “Author of the Dead Game – a Paranormal Fantasy, A Vampire Suspense.” She has a lovely blog so I’d recommend you go check it out: http://susanneleist.wordpress.com/
Amazingly I have been nominated for this award three times! So touched.
To accept this award, the nominees have to follow a few rules:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 facts/things about myself:
1) I am a terrible procrastinator. This extends to every possible decision making process in my life. Will I, or will I not, have a baked potato for lunch? Ok, I’m hungry so that crept into this 7 things about me. Getting published, what a minefield for a confirmed procrastinator. There are too many ways: unsolicited, agents, self-publishing, ugh. Can’t we just simplify this? Just read my book and like it, job done!
2. I love the arts, films, and theatre. Secretly I think I would like to be an extra in a block-buster film or even have a tiny part!
3. I am kind but I also have a bit of a cheeky, wicked side. I’m a good witch! Black cats seem to be attracted to me!
4. I love Chinese food, and anything spicy. I’ll fight for that last dim sum, or curry puff! So, dive in!
5. Books excite me. Writing excites me. Talking about Books excites me. Talking about Writing excites me!
6. I tend to make friends with people from a variety of cultures. Currently I have a Polish, Hungarian, Turkish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, as well as English and Scottish friends too! And that’s just in Cambridge. I’ve “chatted” to so many people from different countries whilst blogging. Love this cultural mix of bloggers.
7. My nose goes red and my eyes go funny looking if I’m stressed. Well, this is what my youngest told me! No hiding it. I guess. Also I tend to talk less, while some people can’t shut up when they’re under pressure. Sorry, mum! At least I don’t twitch or tremble that would be even more embarrassing.
Just fifteen nominees how will I manage that? There are so many wonderful blogs out there. I’m bound to leave out someone. Yikes. To keep it simple I’m concentrating on review/writing sites, art, health, and inspiring blogs.
These are all so wonderful just love them all.
Heena Rathore. P: “I’m a 23 year old curious soul. I live in Pune, Maharashtra, India.” “Besides reading I love writing, singing, baking, watching random movies, cartoons, sleeping, etc. I love dancing more than anything and my dream to learn all forms of dance.” http://thereadingbud.com/
Christy Birmingham: “This site is a haven for you to gain insights through poetry about love, connection, endurance, inspiration, health and more. You are welcome to the poetry table and we also serve up flash fiction, short stories and book-related posts.” Freelance writer and author based in B.C. Canada. The name of her site is just about as perfectly poetic as you can get: http://poeticparfait.com/
Jade St Clair:“My name is Jade St Clair and I am an unashamed Scatterbooker. I live in Melbourne with my geeky boyfriend and our crazy black and white cat called Zeus and I am currently at uni studying internet communications.” http://scatterbooker.wordpress.com/
Val Boyko: “Life is a series of highs and lows. Be grateful for the highs. Be graceful in the lows. Enjoy life fully and find contentment in your Middle Ground.” http://findyourmiddleground.com
Ali Isaac: Just started following Ali. Her blog looks awesome. “I write for many reasons… to tell a story, of course. Every writer has their own story to tell. I write to challenge my reader’s perceptions, because sometimes, things are not at all how they appear. I write to educate, because my life has taught me things no one else knows, and its my duty to share. I write for sheer pleasure, but mostly, I write to be read.” http://aliisaacstoryteller.com/
Deneé: This young lady is a Goodreads Librarian no less! How do you even reach those giddy heights? This is her introduction to her blog: “Hello! My name is Deneé, I’m 25, an Interior Design graduate, and I blog about writing, authors and books.” http://novelreveries.com/
Sherri S. Bessi: A treasure of a site to celebrate how precious life is. “These letters are written to remind you just how much you matter, just how important you are, and just how beautiful the gift of life as a human is.” http://theothersideofugly.com/.
Stephanie: “I have great plans to write an amazing book. Unfortunately, when it comes down to actually doing it, I totally lack inspiration (not to mention the hundred other things that need to be done get it published). So, instead, I read. I read a lot. I read YA, Romance, Mystery, Crime, Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction. Almost everything – the good, the bad, and the in between.” http://stephaniesbookreviews.wordpress.com/
Nicholas Rossis: Great blog full of advice for would be authors. Here’s a short snippet of Nicholas’s About page: “I was born in 1970 in Athens, Greece. I love books and write fantasy, children’s books and science fiction http://nicholasrossis.me/”
Sig Nordal Jr: “Be the best you can be.” Great advice! Inspiring photos, quotes and much more. He has so many amazing photos of libraries on his blog! http://sigurdurnordal.me/
Claire McAlpine: ” I love words, language, sentences, metaphors, stories long and short, poetry, reading and writing. Reading is a journey, a meeting place, something to enjoy in solitude and to share with friends.” https://clairemca.wordpress.com/my-writing/
Sally Georgina Cronin: “Health, music and words for a great life.” “I am one of those people who has led an eclectic life. My father was in the Royal Navy so we lived abroad several times and I only really settled down in the UK at age 14. My education suffered a little from switching between seven schools in different countries but I now have a repertoire of swear words second to none!” http://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/
Naomi Frisby: “I review books written by women – old and new, literary and commercial, fiction and non-fiction with the occasional YA title.” http://thewritesofwoman.wordpress.com/
Esther Newton: “My love affair with writing came about as a result of an accident, when I could no longer carry out my job working in a bank. That accident was the best thing that’s happened to me!https://esthernewtonblog.wordpress.com/
Nicole E. Perkins: This is a stunningly beautiful artist blog: “Oklahoma’s Unknown Artist: NE.Perkins” http://nephotoimages.com/
Congratulations on your well-deserved win – and thank you so much for nominating my blog 🙂
Thank you Nicholas. So kind. Your blog is very deserving of the award. 🙂
Congratulations for being nominated and for passing that onto me… I will do my best to do it justice. best wishes Sally
Thank you Sally. Congratulations to you too. 🙂
Awww thank you so much for the award! Your site here is well deserving of it too! I am going to check out the other blogs you nominated too 🙂
Hi Christy. Thanks, Well done on your award. Glad to see that you are checking out the other blogs I nominated too. Good to share a bit of “bloggy” love!
Thanks so much!
You’re welcome Stephanie. Congrats!
Love 🙂 thanks for the nomination lady…you are just too sweet! Here’s to 2015!
Hi. My pleasure. All the very best for 2015!
Thank you for the very kind nomination! I will be writing my post very shortly. 😃
Thank you Ali. Looking forward to it. 🙂
Thanks Marjorie, I think you are extremely lovely too! xx
Aww. Thank you Jade. 🙂