Another Freestyle Writing challenge hot on the heels of the last one, well not as hot as I’d have liked, as I’ve been without internet for a few days, this challenge comes from fellow blogger Dorne Whale: https://dorneawhale.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/free-style-writing-challenge/
Please scroll down to the end of this post to see the new topic if you’d like to take part in this challenge.
My topic this time is:
Have you ever seen a ghost and what would you do if you did see one?
I think the quick answer is freak out! I do think my parent’s house in Edinburgh is haunted so I thought I’d use that as a bit of inspiration, anyway here is my timed challenge effort:
I pushed at the door, but the door wouldn’t budge it seemed as if something or somebody was pushing hard against it, but how could that be? I was alone in the house. I tried again, this time the door groaned and inched forward little by little. I saw a figure glowing in front of me, a shimmering apparition, with the saddest face I have ever seen. She was carrying a doll, dressed in exactly the same dress as her. They both had the same tragic expression etched on their faces.
“You pushed so hard, I had no choice, I had to let you through,” said the ghostly figure.
“I wish I hadn’t,” I replied stepping back, retreating further into the shadows.
“It’s ok,” she replied, ” I only want a friend, my doll isn’t much company. She’s so miserable it makes me sad.”
I was beginning to think that I was in the midst of some strange dream and I would suddenly awake but no, this ghostly child continued to talk to me.
“I’m sorry I frightened you the other night. It used to be my bed you know, and sometimes I like to stretch out there too.”
“I wish you hadn’t, it really scared me. I thought I was being possessed.”
“I only wanted to lie down and cuddle my doll. I’m sorry if I scared you. Please could we be friends? I’m so very lonely.”
No. of words = 238. in ten minutes.
Jens Pen Den: https://jenspenden.wordpress.com/
Just Get it Written: https://mscoffeehouse.wordpress.com/
Author Artist Poet: https://jackronaldcotner.wordpress.com/
“Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” https://callummclaughlin.wordpress.com/
Postcards from Asia: http://wrongspelling.com/
Hope you might like to take part in this challenge if you do the rules are just below, have fun with it.
If anyone else fancies joining in with this ghostly challenge please do, the more the merrier!
Now here are the rules… if you decide to take part in this challenge.
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers)
When you have the document and the timer ready to go, scroll down to see your subject…
Russian Dolls. The many layers of Russian Dolls, what do they reveal?