#WeekendCoffeeShare: My Two Year Anniversary
If I were having coffee I’d say I’ve put on a little weight around the middle so perhaps I’d better stick to a Skinny Witchy latte! What about you? What are you having today? …. Are you going to have a full fat Cappucino? You wicked tease!!!
It’s been a bit of an uneventful week – just been working, editing, blogging, cleaning, washing……. so I thought I’d share some news with you….
Guess what happened this week… I missed my own 2 year Blog Anniversary. What? Yes, I did, somehow I misplaced it. So today I’m picking this piece of news up and saying that Kyrosmagica turned two this April!!!!
This calls for a double shot of coffee and some chocolates I reckon! Don’t you agree? Oh dear, bang goes my diet!
So I thought I’d share with you some of my stats….
Followers, 831. This in itself is amazing. Thank you so much for following, and engaging with me on my little piece of blog land. You lovely peeps.
Views, 23,220. What this means I have no idea… I think you’ve been looking at my blog, peering at it curiously!
Comments, 4010. Yes, lots of these and I love comments! So keep them coming… You chatterboxes.. 🙂
Posts, 610. Wow! Have I really written that many? Boy, that’s a lot.
Visitors: 8613. That’s astonishing. I feel quite faint.
Best views Ever: 31st October, 2015 – 177 views. That’s the one, the stat that amuses me! My most popular post at the time was a Halloween poem! Wonder of wonders. Moreover my eldest daughter was inspired by this poem My Halloween Poem to write a story..
Now, I’m not intending to bore you with this bunch of stats, honest… I’m no statistician. The reason that I’m mentioning it is I’m amused. Amused? Yes….. my best views ever occurred at Halloween!!! Yeah, I think that proves that Kyrosmagica is truly a bit of a white witch. I cast a spell on you! Even my daughter….
I’m so proud! I couldn’t be more happier. What more could Kyrosmagica ask for? What a trophy!
Right, enough Witchy nonsense. Now that I’ve fallen off my witch’s broom and landed on my posterior, what’s my 2 year news?
- I’ve been editing furiously and now my manuscript is a staggering 84,344 words.
- After much deliberation I’ve chosen a title for my book – The Curse of Time.
- I’m currently considering some ideas for a book cover.
- I’ve written something in the region of 80+ Book reviews!!
- I’ve developed an interest in Photography.
- I love writing haiku, and dabble in a bit of short story writing too!
- I’ve started writing book reviews for self-published authors…
- I’m a Bloggers Basher! I went to last years event and will be attending this years event in London too! If you’re interested to find out more, here’s the link to Sacha’s blog to find out more: Annual Bloggers Bash
- I had the opportunity to steward at this year’s Literary Festival. I wrote about this wonderful experience in last week’s coffee share in case you missed it. Here’s the link: Cambridge Literary Festival
As you can see this blog really has made me grow as a person! No wonder I’m putting on weight! I’m so glad I began my blogging journey. I’ve made so many supportive and lovely blogging friends.
On my to do List:
- Public speaking. This has been on my to do list for a long time…. I hope to bite the bullet on this at some time, but in truth this frightens the bazookas out of me. Being a bit of an introvert, (with extrovert tendencies,) can be a bit of a set back sometimes.
- Publishing my novel. Of course this has been on My To Do List for a very long time, but I’m in good company. I take heart from the fact that a lot of writers take a long time to publish their books. I just hope 2016 is my year…
- Writing a post about My Daughter’s Prom. I will be doing a Fashion Feature about this in July. Can’t wait!
- Skydiving, White Water Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Paragliding, all lies, all lies…
- Overhaul of my witch’s broom. This one’s true. I have a lot of plans for my broom. It needs a new and improved spec to take me to many more wonderful blogging destinations in the years to come!
- Jobs. Ouch, nasty word! Yeah I’ve been dabbling in various occupations other than writing to make a few crusts as you’ve probably noticed. At Christmas time I worked in John Lewis as a temp, and now I’m working in my local primary school. I’m toying with the idea of doing some therapy work too – I’m a qualified Reflexologist/Aromatherapist too! So intending to practise this summer….. It’s been a while since I practised properly so may need to update my skills… do a refresher course. We’ll see… Decisions, Decisions. Terrible dilemma for a procrastinator.
So a lot of juggling going on…. thank goodness I’m a white witch or I’d never manage to cope with it all!
Hope you enjoyed my Weekend Coffee share post.
Do pop over to Diana’s blog – Part Time Monster to link up: Weekend Coffee Share
Bye for now, see you soon.
Marje @ Kyrosmagica xx