#SundayBlogShare Authors Bloggers Rainbow Support Club #ABRSC
The Authors Bloggers Rainbow Support Club #ABRSC has gone from strength to strength. I founded this Facebook group on 26th of February 2017 nearly six months ago, (goodness how time flies.)
This is the first post: https://mjmallon.com/2017/02/26/authorsbloggers-rainbow-support-club/
Just recently I was astonished to discover that we have over 150 members!!!
We have an amazing team of bloggers who add content everyday and I’d just like to thank them for being so active on the page.
Here are some of the wonderful, informative links that have been shared of late…
- Via Adele Marie writer of horror/fantasy/urban/worldbuilding – Who blogs at Firefly 465: – https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2016/08/how-to-legally-use-quotations-in-your-book/
- Via blog show radio host Annette Rochele Aben at The Magic Happens. Two wonderful shares: https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/09/07/do-it-yourself-a-10-step-guide-to-self-publishing-an-audiobook/ and the Book Publicist – Top Book Awards For Authors
- One from Annette and Christy Birmingham. Two minds think alike! Christy blogs at http://poeticparfait.com/ and http://whenwomeninspire.com/ and both these ladies posted about Sally Cronin’s media training for authors: https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/media-training-for-authors-introduction-dont-be-shy/
Some informative information via Belinda Miller https://belindamiller.me/: I spend a lot of time on marketing my children’s books. One thing I do is produce videos. Since I have worked with some fabulous illustrators, I have blessed with an abundance of illustrations. Two of my favorite apps are: Animoto and Ripl. Check them out. There’s another app, Lumyer, that can be used to enhance, add elements to cover art. I use that, too. Hope this gives you some great ideas! PSA — very addictive.
Via fellow Administrator – Debby Gies – D G Kaye Writer
Via Richard Ankers – Articles and tips for writers – http://www.liternauts.com/articles-for-writers/
Also, I have linked our group to three other Facebook groups which I’d recommend joining too:
- The Bloggers Bash founded by Sacha Black. The Bloggers Bash is an annual event bringing together authors and bloggers. This event is held in London and grows in popularity every year. I’ve been three years in a row and highly recommend it.
- The Author Helper: https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.author.helper/
To give you an indication of the benefits of joining The Author Helper. Here is one example. Recently, I enquired about international sales and setting up international author pages. I had help from:
Ben Zackheim who suggested – Fiberead which translates and distributes internationally. https://fiberead.com/auth/login
Debby Gies suggested this useful link: Setting up your international author pages by William Cook
Drue Hoffman said that – France, Japan & Germany also have Author Central pages and put up a graphic which suggested that the UK and the UK are the biggies in the e-book market.
- Big Up Your Blog is run by the lovely Suzie Speaks and Em Inkles who blogs at Em Linthorpe. Together they host Wednesday Work, Throwback Thursday, Social Saturday, #SundayBlogShare, etc, – Big UP Your Blog
Please support the following upcoming activities mentioned on #ABRSC if you can:
Charli Mills at her welcoming Carrot ranch are having a right all blogging knees up in October – Carrot Ranch New Barns Raised At The Ranch
Colleen Chesebro is having an October Spectacular with Author Guest Posts. This sounds such fun, I love halloween! So keep an eye out for that. Colleen shared this link too: https://buildbookbuzz.com/quirky-october-holidays-offer-book-promotion-possibilities/
Some of my recent finds:
Recently, I had the good fortune to be a guest on the #LisaBurtonShow. My interview: Lisa Interviews My Character Esme
I was curious about the poster art that Craig used. Here’s a link to the fabulous artist on Deviant Art: https://artbrosean.deviantart.com/art/Lisa-Walks-like-an-Egyptian-705536763
And I can’t remember whether I found this via rainbow or not but it might come in useful to someone…. if you want to enter at some point… https://www.tckpublishing.com/2017-readers-choice-awards/
Also there was a recent discussion kicked off by Colleen Chesebro about collaborations, which I am a big fan of. This became an on-line brainstorming session!!! Many #ABRSC got involved in this particular topic and we hope to have a Xmas collaborative event with this in mind. So stay tuned!
Before I go I’d love to share this lovely human interest story from Ritu, which is bound to put a smile on your face: https://butismileanyway.com/2017/09/14/i-love-our-oldies/
There are so many lovely bloggers and authors who participate in #ABRSC. Sadly, I haven’t mentioned them all due to time constraints but please take this as a huge thank you to each and every one of you for helping make #ABRSC such a fun, engaging place to share ideas, and help each other.
If you’d like to join the #ABRSC please do. Comment below. Let me know if you have any questions about the club, add your links to posts of interest, chat, come say hello.
Bye for now,
My social media links:
Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support Club on Facebook
Fellow Administrators of our Authors Bloggers Rainbow Support Club #ABRSC on Facebook, myself, my good friends Colleen Chesebro and Debby Gies. Click on Colleen’s and Debby’s photos to be directed to their awesome blogs. These ladies rock!
Categories: Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support Club